- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 additional egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Butter and lightly flour four 6-ounce ramekins. Set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Create a double broiler by putting a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Melt the butter with the chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until thick and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth. Quickly fold it into the egg mixture along with the flour.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft.
- Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, then cover each with an upside-down dessert plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then remove the ramekins. Serve immediately.